Unaffiliated with any one church or denomination, NCA aims to be a school where all Christians can dialogue with brothers and sisters from other Christian traditions. We also believe that students need to learn what their beliefs are and understand why they believe what they believe. Our goal is not to produce “cookie-cutter” Christians, but rather, young men and women who think critically about their lives and beliefs and hold those beliefs with grace, conviction, and sincerity.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Naperville Christian Academy is a non-denominational Christian school. We embrace the historic tenets of Christianity as presented in this Statement of Faith. These beliefs will be unapologetically taught in various, age-appropriate ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which Naperville Christian Academy considers primary doctrine. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. Beyond these primary doctrines, we respect and acknowledge the primacy of the family and refer any secondary doctrinal questions to parents for clarification.
- We believe the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of humankind and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe God created the Heavens and the Earth; and created man in His image.
- We believe that God sovereignly, wonderfully, and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe that God’s design for marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin, thereby incurring not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is eternal separation from God.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and, thus become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of Naperville Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Naperville Christian Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.